Friday, June 4, 2010

In place, on balance

It's been a while, hasn't it? Almost six weeks since my last post to KintlaLake Blog and the time has fairly flown, at least for me.

We're in -- my family and I are settled in our new digs. Our May Day move went well and (for the most part) without incident. We now find ourselves in a spot that my wife calls "the best place I've ever lived."

I agree, wholeheartedly. I'll have more to say about this patch of land, but for now I'll simply affirm that it's all we hoped it'd be.

The last two months -- packing, moving, making this place our own and, running on the same track, keeping my job -- have been all-consuming. In the process I lost my equilibrium, reflected in my absence from this blog.


That's not good. Bringing my thoughts, observations and experiences into this space has become an integral part of my walk through the world. I've missed having the therapeutic outlet.

It's time to regain my balance.