Sunday, January 2, 2011

Meet 'Scout'

I think this is the first time that I've introduced the concept of "cute" here on KintlaLake Blog. It's been a very long time since I've had a puppy in my life, and I'd forgotten how much I love it.

You're looking at the newest member of our family -- Scout, an eight-week-old Labra-something. She came home with us from the neighboring county's animal shelter this morning.

Mrs. KintlaLake picked her out on Friday. The good folks at the shelter chose her name. Both are perfect.

Scout is entertaining us and, naturally, annoying the hell out of two fluffy toy pooches, the geriatric pair that until today had the run of the place. They'll get over it.

I predict that Scout, tiny as she is now, will grow to be quite (shall we say) substantial. We're imagining long trips in the truck with a big black dog riding shotgun, bright summer days playing fetch at the park...at the moment, though, what we've got is cute.

That'll do.

(Tuckered-out Scout, asleep on the bed that my wife stitched and stuffed for her.)