Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quote of the day

"A constitution, a parliament, freedom of right -- of speech, freedom of -- of -- of whatever kind of freedom. I cannot -- I don't know freedom to speak about freedom. I have [been] born and raised in this generation. I have been brainwashed not to think that freedom is a right.

"What's next? What's next are the educated people, the civil people, the loved people, the peaceful people joining all together to rebuild this country again. I'm not going to call it the Libya of tomorrow. It's -- this is a term that everybody is getting sensitive of -- it's going to be the
real Libya, the Libya that nobody got to know so far."

(An unidentified Libyan woman, speaking by phone today to
CNN, on what she'd want to see after the hoped-for departure of dictator Muammar al-Gaddafi.)