Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gonna be some changes made

Over the course of 30-plus years in the working world, at times I've found (or made) my opportunities. Other times the opportunities have found me.

This morning, presented with the latter, I gave my two weeks' notice at the motorcycle shop. My conversation with the owner was, for lack of a better word, saddening -- both of us are disappointed that our professional relationship has been so brief.

Ultimately my decision was grounded in what's best for my family and me. My last day at the shop will be January 22nd, and I'll start a new job on Monday the 25th.

For the most part I'll be piloting a desk again -- my own desk, right here at home in Buckeye Nation. That's what I do best, it seems, and it's what the universe wants me to do.

As for where I'll be working (for whom, that is), I reserve the right to be coy. I will say, however, that I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a professional move. My work will dovetail nicely with KintlaLake Blog, too. I'll leave it at that for now.

I'll miss the cozy shop, the backroads commute (especially on snowy days like today) and the small, salt-of-the-earth town where I've worked the past two months. Other than that, this is a big step in the right direction without being a stepping stone to something else.

I'm jazzed.