Friday, January 1, 2010

Just numbers

The act of publishing this adds "2010" to the archive over there on the right side of the page. Lacking anything significant to say this New Year's morning, that's the sole reason for this post.

2010, 2009, 2008 -- it hardly seems possible that this is the third calendar year in which I've posted here. I guess KintlaLake Blog has legs after all.

More numbers: 555 posts over the course of 22 months, 202,000 words comprising 1.2 million characters, accompanied by 650 images of one sort or another. My offline archive stretches past 350 pages of 10-point type.

The mind reels. Mine does, anyway.

Sitting here now, nursing a headache brought on by a half-glass of dry champagne, I have some important off-the-blog writing to do before the sun sets. For background relief and entertainment, I'll keep my desk-side TV tuned to college football. I hope to do a load or two of laundry.

Nothing else needs to happen today.