Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It goes to motive

Sen. John McCain's cringe reflex must be in a full-on cramp.

Gov. Sarah Palin sat down today for an interview with Elizabeth Vargas of ABC News. Ms. Vargas suggested that Gov. Palin might, in light of all of the attacks leveled at her, react to an Election Day loss with, "I've had it. I'm going back to Alaska." Gov. Palin's response:
"Absolutely not. I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that...that would...bring this whole...I'm not doin' this for naught."
At least the undisciplined Gov. Palin revealed publicly why she agreed to accompany Sen. McCain on his Marginal Misery Tour in the first place -- not that we didn't know her motives already.

If only Sen. McCain would let his guard down long enough to tell us what the hell he was thinking when he chose her.