Monday, December 21, 2009

Addendum: Preparations

It's been six months since I offered KintlaLake's Top Five Old-School Preparations. Time to add one more to the list, even though this particular potion has been around for less than 30 years.

Burt's Bees Hand Salve touts itself as "an everyday miracle" and I can't dispute the claim. A three-ounce tin of this concoction of plant oils (almond, olive), herbs (rosemary, lavender, comfrey) and beeswax costs nine bucks. It's worth every penny of that.

Used sparingly a couple of times a day, supplemented with the occasional dose of Corn Huskers Lotion (#2 on June's top-five list), this salve has won me over. It smells good, too -- lots better than Bag Balm, I'd say, but the Vermont-made stuff in the green tin still holds my top spot for its sheer versatility.


Burt's Bees Hand Salve is made here in the USA. Get some.