Thursday, October 21, 2010

Today's crystals

"Republicans love America, they just seem to hate about 50 percent of the people who live in it. Democrats...love this country, they just somehow wish it were a different country."

"It feels to me like the right wants to take us back to a time in America that never really existed, and the left wants us to advance to a Utopian environment where no one can say anything about anybody...where we're all just worried about the fragility of stepping on each other's toes."
(Jon Stewart, on last night's edition of Larry King Live)

"It's freaking football. There are going to be big hits. I don't understand how they can do this after one weekend of hitting. And I can't understand how they can suspend us for it. I think it's a bunch of bullshit.

"You know what we should do? We should just put
flags on everybody. Let's make it the NFFL -- the National Flag Football League. It's unbelievable."
(Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears linebacker, to the Chicago Tribune, reacting to the NFL's announcement that it'll begin suspending players for flagrant hits to the head-and-neck area)

"Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?"

"You're telling me
that's
in the First Amendment?"

"I'm sorry I didn't bring my Constitution with me. Fortunately senators don't
have to memorize the Constitution -- can you remind me of what the [14th and 16th Amendments] are?"
(
Christine O'Donnell, GOP candidate for the U.S. Senate seat from Delaware, during Tuesday's debate with Democratic candidate Chris Coons, reminding us that while she may be entitled to run for office, she's anything but qualified to serve)