Saturday, December 27, 2008

Palm reading

I'm a certified (perhaps certifiable) "neat freak," and my penchant for orderliness extends to the way I organize information. That's why I've been a fan of Palm PDAs since I bought my first PalmPilot over a decade ago.

A Centro has been riding on my belt for about six months now. Naturally, it does everything I expect a Palm to do. This is the first time, however, that I've owned a device that combines a high-zoot PDA with a mobile phone, and I'm really into it.

As for the ubiquitous BlackBerry, I'm not envious and never have been. When my wife upgraded from a Motorola flip-phone to a
BlackBerry Pearl just after Thanksgiving, I messed around with it a bit and it didn't play nice with a Palm veteran like me.


Mrs. KintlaLake tried to love little 'Berry but simply couldn't. We never did figure out how to swap files easily.

Last night, my wife traded the Pearl for a Centro of her own. She's much happier already, even though she's not a Palm geek, and sharing data -- contacts, appointments, reminders, photos -- is a breeze.

I don't know much about "best," but but I'm widely regarded as an expert on what works for me. The Centro definitely does -- and now it's a family affair.