Thursday, June 25, 2009

Over my shoulder

In the 15 months since KintlaLake Blog's debut, this site has attracted a modest following, mostly through my participation in forums like M4Carbine, Trailvoy, KnifeForums and BladeForums.

My impressions of the KSF Leather Holt prompted an unexpected post by "okbohn" yesterday on KnifeForums:
"I don't know who this is, but they did a nice review of the KSF Leather Holt: http://kintlalake.blogspot.com/2009..."
The discussion that followed was entertaining -- in the physical world, "okbohn" is Derrick Bohn, proprietor of KnivesShipFree -- and what's more, forum members' comments about this blog were quite complimentary.

Judging by messages both public and private, it looks like KintlaLake Blog has a bunch more readers today that it had yesterday. At the risk of sounding like a radio host who's just landed a new affiliate, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to those KFers just now dropping in.

I'll try to live up to your kind words, folks. I can promise you that you won't always agree with what I have to say, but you can count on me to shoot straight -- it's the nature of independent critical thought.

Well, it's my nature, anyway. Stay tuned, ok?