Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stretching

This blog gives me a chance to observe, opine and express. As a communicator by trade, I've found it to be a great way for me to exercise my creative muscles -- not all of them, however.

The professional part of my brain, the part that knows business communications -- marketing, promotion, public relations and the like -- is still intact, but for the better part of two years it hasn't seen much use.

Until a couple of days ago, that is.

A series of events unfolded, an exchange of correspondence followed and a promising business relationship was established.

I'm working again.

Without going into detail, I'll say simply that it isn't the sort of work that puts food on the table, at least not today. No, the best part of this bit of professional serendipity is that I'm stretching myself for the first time in many months. I'm rediscovering my business acumen and I'm contributing.

It feels good.