Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just visiting

It's been difficult being away from this blog for the last few days, but our household move leaves me little spare time. I've been back on my computer (which is still at the dry house) since early this morning, all of that time spent on a consulting assignment -- a very good thing, and great fun besides.

The move itself is going well enough. We're almost to the point where we need a truck, maybe two -- one with strong-backed movers for a few heavy items, another for big chunks we can schlep out ourselves. That'll happen over the next two or three weekends.

In the midst of semi-organized chaos, yesterday was a four-knife day.

First, my bargain-basement Spyderco Endura II came back from its factory visit with a fresh edge. I also now have a pair of brand-new Barkies to review -- a Gunny handled in California Buckeye burl and a Custom Micro Drop Point in black canvas Micarta with red liners. And I got word that my long-awaited Father's Day present -- a Benchmade 551 Griptilian in orange -- probably will be here by the end of this week or the beginning of next.

So all is well, to say the least, but resuming my near-daily posting is about a week away.